- Arrange in advance for a responsible adult to pick you up at Bend Surgery Center. You cannot drive yourself or be left alone. You may take a taxi if you have your responsible adult with you.
- Notify your physician before coming to the center if there is any change in your physical condition, such as cold or fever.
- If you have not been contacted 48 hours before surgery, please call Bend Surgery Center for specific instructions.
- If you wear contact lenses or glasses, bring a case for their safekeeping. We provide containers for removable dentures and bridgework.
- Adults may have no solid food after midnight the day before surgery. You may drink *clear liquids up to 4 hours prior to surgery.
- Infants may have formula up to 6 hours before to surgery, breast milk up to 4 hours before surgery and clear liquids up to 3 hours before surgery.
- Children may not have any food after midnight the day before surgery. They may have *clear liquids only up to 3 hours before their procedure. Clear liquids include Jell-O without fruit, and any liquid you can see through.
If you have received specific instructions from your Doctor follow those instructions. Please call if you have questions.
*Clear liquids include: Black coffee or tea (no cream or sugar), jello, Gatorade, soda, water, and clear juice. No milk, juice with pulp, or milk products.