POSITION SUMMARY: The Maintenance Coordinator will supervise and oversee the department’s staff and daily operations. This position will be responsible for ensuring that compliance standards and performance goals are being met. Serves as a key leader and educator to the Environmental Services staff. Manages the day to day operations of the department and ensures a consistently high level of cleanliness and aesthetics to patients, visitors and staff. Oversees functions such as cleaning, sanitizing, laundry, pest control, and housekeeping. The Maintenance Coordinator ensures that the facility complies with health and sanitation regulations and standards.
Education: A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
Experience: Previous general office cleaning or healthcare cleaning experience preferred.
- Must be able to Sit, stand, and walk continually
- Frequently bend, climb, reach overhead, carry/push or pull up to 25 pounds, grasping/squeezing
- Occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, lift, carry, push or pull up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to speak and hear normal auditory levels
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Ability to interact with a diverse population professionally
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with all levels within Bend Surgery Center and external patients, physicians and their office staff and potential employees
- Strong team working and collaborative skills
- Must be able to problem solve and execute resolution
Mathematical skills: Basic math skills
Language skills: Ability to understand, read, write, and speak English. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to successfully write business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information, respond to questions, and professionally interact with managers, employees, clients, vendors, and the general public.
Reasoning ability: Ability to recognize and define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and correct errors. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions and forms to understand abstract and concrete variables. Ability to think critically using inductive and deductive reasoning.
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Proven leadership skills
- Proven organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize effectively and create efficient processes
- Independently demonstrates the skills and competencies necessary to safely perform the assigned job, determined through on-going skills, competency assessments, and performance evaluations
- Ensures new employees are properly oriented and trained
- Identifies and remedies equipment failures and hazards posing potential risks to patients
- Advanced knowledge of infection control, decontamination, and sterilization techniques
- Knowledge and ability to operate, troubleshoot, and train staff on all departmental equipment including, but no limited to, sterilizers, washers, ultrasonic washers, and cart washers
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles
- Proficiency in utilization of basic computer programs such as Microsoft Office and electronic inventory tracking system, if applicable
- Ability to multi-task effectively and efficiently
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in a variety of forms and deal with abstract and concrete variables
JOB RELATIONSHIP: Is directly responsible to the Facilities Director. Supervises Environmental Services. Works collaboratively with all levels of the healthcare team including: vendors, physicians, anesthesia, and staff.
POSITION DETAILS: Full time. Over five weeks of paid time off per year. Excellent benefit package. Wage range: Minimum – $25.50; Mid – $32.27; Maximum – $40.83
Email cover letter and resume (PDF or DOCX format) to email@example.com. Include subject line, “Maintenance Coordinator” Position open until filled.