- Arrange in advance for a responsible adult to pick you up at Bend Surgery Center, drive you home and remain with you for the first 24 hours after surgery. You cannot drive yourself or be left alone. You may take a taxi if you have your responsible adult with you.
- Notify your physician before coming to the center if there is any change in your physical condition, such as cold or fever.
- If you have not been contacted 48 hours before your surgery, you must call Bend Surgery Center for specific instructions.
- If you wear contact lenses or glasses, bring a case for their safekeeping. We provide containers for removable dentures and bridgework.
- Adults may have no solid food after midnight the day before surgery. You may drink *clear liquids up to 4 hours prior to surgery.
- Infants may have formula up to 6 hours before to surgery, breast milk up to 4 hours before surgery and clear liquids up to 3 hours before surgery.
- Children may not have any food after midnight the day before surgery. They may have *clear liquids only up to 3 hours before their procedure. Clear liquids include Jell-O without fruit, and any liquid you can see through.
If you have received specific instructions from your Doctor follow those instructions. Please call if you have questions.
*Clear liquids include: Black coffee or tea (no cream or sugar), jello, Gatorade, soda, water, and clear juice. No milk, juice with pulp, or milk products.