JOB SUMMARY: The Unit Secretary helps to facilitate functions of the department, by performing clerical duties related to patient care and department flow. Responsibilities include administrative duties within the department. Acts as the department facilitator; communicates with patients, general public and departments, physicians and nursing personnel. This position does not directly supervise any other caregivers.
Physical: Must be able to Sit, stand, walk, and perform keyboard operation continually. Occasionally bend, climb, reach overhead, carry/push or pull 1-10 pounds, grasping/squeezing. Rarely stoop, kneel, crouch, lift, carry, push or pull 11-15 pounds. Must be able to speak and hear normal auditory levels.
Mental: Must have excellent communication skills. Ability to interact with a diverse population professionally. Ability to effectively interact and communicate with all levels within Bend Surgery Center and external patients, physicians and their office staff and potential employees. Strong team working and collaborative skills. Must be able to problem solve and execute resolution.
Mathematical skills: Basic math skills.
Language skills: Ability to understand, read, write, and speak English. Ability to effectively present information, respond to questions, and professionally interact with managers, employees, patients, physicians, and the general public.
Education, Licensure and Certification:
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required
- Must maintain BLS certification or obtain within 6 months of hire
Experience: Previous healthcare experience and medical terminology preferred. General clerical office experience preferred.
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Exemplary customer service skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft office suite products
- Proven organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize effectively and create efficient processes
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as an effective team member
- Proficient in computer software and database skills, ability to carry out basic office functions
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively and efficiently in a fast paced environment
JOB RELATIONSHIPS: Is responsible to the Pre-op/PACU Nurse Manager. Reports directly to the Pre Admission Coordinator during day to day operations. Does not supervise other employees.
Full-time Monday through Friday 5 X 8 hour shifts per week. Saturday shifts offered at double time premium. Over five weeks of paid time off per year. Excellent benefit package. Starting wage $17.00 per hour.
Applicants email cover letter and resume (PDF or DOCX format) to email@example.com. Include subject line, “Unit Secretary.” Position open until filled.