Pre Admission Testing RN – Full Time 32 hours
JOB SUMMARY: Pre Admission Testing Nurse is responsible for contacting incoming patients to obtain and review health history. Analyses and assess clinical data related to the patient’s anesthesia risk and appropriateness of ASC site of service. Orders additional testing needed prior to surgery when necessary.
Education, Licensure and Certification: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and currently licensed to practice in the State of Oregon. Must maintain BLS certification.
Experience: Two (2) years medical-surgical nursing experience required.
- Must be able to Sit, stand, walk, and perform keyboard operation continually
- Occasionally bend, climb, reach overhead, carry/push or pull 1-10 pounds, grasping/squeezing
- Rarely stoop, kneel, crouch, lift, carry, push or pull 11-15 pounds
- Must be able to speak and hear normal auditory levels
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Ability to interact with a diverse population professionally
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with all levels within Bend Surgery Center and external customers, clients and potential employees
- Strong team working and collaborative skills
- Must be able to problem solve and execute resolution
Language skills: Ability to understand, read, write, and speak English.
Reasoning ability: Ability to recognize and define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and correct errors. Ability to think critically using inductive and deductive reasoning.
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Proven organizational skills and ability to prioritize effectively
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as an effective member of a healthcare team
- Proficient in computer software and database skills, ability to carry out basic office functions
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively and efficiently in a fast paced environment
- Comprehensive and current knowledge of nursing theory
- Adequate understanding of operative procedures, required patient preparations and expected post-operative course
- Adequate understanding of a wide variety of medical-surgical pathophysiology
- Knowledge should be up-to-date on the actions of all pharmaceuticals and anesthetic agents
- Able to perform accurate and complete patient assessments
- Skilled in age-based competencies
JOB RELATIONSHIPS: Is responsible to the Pre op Nurse Manager. Reports to the Pre Admission Testing Coordinator during daily business operations. Does not supervise other employees.
Full-time 32 hours – Monday through Friday 4 X 8 hour shifts per week with set schedule. Over five weeks of paid time off per year. Competitive benefit package. Wage DOE
Applicants email cover letter and resume (PDF or DOCX format) to email@example.com. Include subject line, “Pre Admission Testing RN.”
Position closes August 20, 2020 at 5:00pm.