Nurse Manager – Operating Room
POSITION SUMMARY: This Registered Nurse – Nurse Manager leads the frontline nursing staff, nursing support staff and technicians in delivering excellent patient care. The Nurse Manager will be responsible for creating an environment of patient-focused care, defining standards for quality patient care, managing and developing work-based teams for assigned shifts, training new staff and providing leadership to nursing team. Works collaboratively with the leadership team in establishing, implementing, developing, planning and organizing operational programs.
Education, Licensure and Certification:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and currently licensed to practice in the State as a Registered Nurse
- Must maintain BLS/ACLS/PALS
- Maintain status in professional nursing organization as relevant to area of specialty
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience as a Staff Nurse with generalized experience in all areas of different types of medical/surgical nursing
- Minimum of five (5) years Intra-operative experience including scrub and circulating roles
- At least five (5) years of healthcare leadership experience
- At least one (1) year experience in an ASC
Physical: Good physical health required because of long periods of standing, walking and work required. Must be well coordinated and able to move about freely. Dexterity necessary. Visual and audio acuity. Speak clearly and distinctly. Neat, clean and particular about appearance. Must be able to stoop, bend, push, pull and lift minimum of 25lbs frequently, 50lbs occasionally.
Mental: Stamina to withstand stress and strain. Good memory, patient and tactful. Emotional stability. Able to both listen and direct. Skill in organization.
Mathematical skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, decimals, and percentages.
Language skills: Ability to understand, read, write, and speak English. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to successfully write business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information, respond to questions, and professionally interact with managers, employees, clients, vendors, and the general public.
Reasoning ability: Ability to recognize and define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and correct errors. Ability to understand and interpret financial data. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions and forms to understand abstract and concrete variables. Ability to think critically using inductive and deductive reasoning.
- Evidence of leadership qualities
- Strong ethical and moral character references
- Language skills adequate for high-level written, interpersonal, and telephone communication in American English
- Computer literacy
- Comprehensive knowledge of general nursing theory and practice, including basic disciplines, relating to nursing such as biological, physical, social and medical sciences and their application to patient care
- Demonstrated communication skills which indicate ability to be successful at counseling, teaching, marketing and public relations
- Knowledge of the typical organization policies and procedures of ambulatory surgical facilities
- Knowledge of organization functions and policies of other facility areas and how they relate to patient care areas
- Basic knowledge of management practice and principles of personnel administration
- Knowledge of equipment and supplies used in Ambulatory Surgery Centers
- Thorough knowledge of and ability to implement principles of aseptic technique
- Knowledge of surgical instruments and equipment to include the use, handling and care
- Knowledge of surgical procedures, techniques, symptoms and complications of surgery, anesthesia and consequent nursing interventions
- Able to recognize emergency situations and assist in corrective actions
- Ability to multi-task effectively and efficiently
- Ability to effectively present information, respond to questions and professionally interact verbally and/or in writing with managers, co-workers, patients, and the general public
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in a variety of forms and deal with abstract and concrete variables
JOB RELATIONSHIP: Is directly responsible to the Clinical Director. Works collaboratively with the leadership team. Supervises frontline nursing staff, nursing support staff and technicians. Works with all levels of the healthcare team to provide quality healthcare to patients, including: vendors, physicians, anesthesia, patient families and staff.
Position details: This is a full-time exempt position. Compensation package DOE
Please email cover letter and resume (PDF or DOCX format) to email@example.com. For assistance or fillable application please contact Human Resources via phone or come to Reception Desk and ask for Human Resources.
Open until filled