This position is being offered to qualified internal candidates only.
PRE-OPERATIVE/RECOVERY ROOM STAFF NURSE
JOB SUMMARY: This professional provides planned and highly skilled nursing care for the immediate pre and post-operative patient.
Physical: Good physical health required because of long periods of standing, walking and work required. Must be well coordinated and able to move about freely. Dexterity necessary. Visual and audio acuity. Speak clearly and distinctly. Neat, clean and particular about appearance. Must be able to stoop, bend, push, pull and lift minimum of 25lbs frequently, 50lbs occasionally.
Mental: Stamina to withstand stress and strain. Good memory, patient and tactful. Emotional stability. Able to both listen and direct. Skill in organization.
Education & Licensure: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and currently licensed to practice in the State as a Registered Nurse. Maintain current ACLS/BLS/PALS certification.
Experience: Prefer previous general medical-surgical nursing experience. Prefer previous post anesthesia recovery experience.
Job Skills & Requirements:
- Comprehensive and current knowledge of nursing theory
- Adequate understanding of operative procedures, required patient preparations and expected post-operative course
- Complete knowledge and understanding of perioperative nursing care in the freestanding ambulatory surgery setting
- Adequate understanding of a wide variety of medical/surgical pathophysiology.
- Awareness of symptoms and possible complications of surgery and anesthesia and initial treatment and consequent nursing interventions.
- Knowledge should be up-to-date on the actions of all pharmaceuticals and anesthetic agents.
- Have a working knowledge of fluid and electrolyte balance.
- Able to perform accurate and complete patient assessments throughout the perioperative period.
- Skilled in age-based competencies.
- Competent in technical skills, to include intravenous therapy, catheterization, artificial ventilation and CPR
Full-time 4 X 10 hour shifts (40 hours) Monday through Saturday. Complete benefit package offered.
For additional details or questions please see Felicia Robinson or Human Resources.
Submit letter of intent to Human Resources. Include subject line “PACU RN.”
Position closes June 21st at 5:00pm.