POSITION SUMMARY: The IT Support Specialist is responsible for answering incoming technical support requests in a timely, courteous and professional manner. This position will be visible throughout the organization as the primary point of contact for support issues and should have the ability and desire to have a positive impact on the IT department and organization as a whole. Ideal candidate enjoys learning new things and solving problems in a fast-paced healthcare environment.
The role is responsible for the effective provisioning, configuration, operation and maintenance of end-user equipment, including desktops, laptops, phones, and assorted peripherals. Works with IT Department members to assist with server and network maintenance and to resolve technical problems in a systematic manner. Works on performance improvement, implementation, and upgrade projects.
Education, Licensure and Certification:
- Associates Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Maintains ongoing educational activities and technical development in field pertaining to job duties and functions.
- Current BLS
Experience: Minimum two (2) years’ experience in an Information Technology support role.
- Must be able to Sit, stand, walk, and perform keyboard operation continually
- Occasionally bend, climb, reach overhead, carry/push or pull 1-10 pounds, grasping/squeezing
- Occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, lift, carry, push or pull 11-15 pounds, rarely up to 30 pounds
- Must be able to speak and hear normal auditory levels
- Must have excellent communication skills and ability to interact with a diverse population professionally
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with all levels within Bend Surgery Center and external customers, clients and potential employees
- Must be able to problem solve and execute resolution
- Must be able to recognize needs, implement changes and evaluate impact
Mathematical skills: Basic math skills.
Language skills: Ability to understand, read, write, and speak English. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to successfully write business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information, respond to questions, and professionally interact with managers, employees, clients, vendors, and the general public.
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have exemplary customer service skills
- Must have knowledge of Information Technology and communication systems
- Familiarity with desktop operating systems and software
- Experience in Windows Server, Active Directory, Exchange, Group Policy and File/Print Services
- Familiarity with basic networking concepts (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, routing, VLAN, etc.)
- Familiarity with endpoint and network security concepts
- Experience with imaging tools and patch management such as WDS and WSUS
- Experience using and supporting cloud hosted solutions
- Experience with Hyper-V and Linux a plus
- Must be tactful, diplomatic and concise in interacting with staff, vendors, physicians, and assistants
- An attention to detail, consistency and ability to concentrate in a busy environment
- Ability to prioritize issues and take appropriate steps with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of distinctions inherent to ambulatory surgery (as well as general health care) practices and technology
- Must understand HIPAA standards as applicable in an ASC setting
- Must be able to respect the confidential nature of all information and communication
- Strong ethical and moral character references with a patient, friendly, and flexible demeanor
This is a full time position. Exceptional benefit package including passive employer 401K contribution and over five weeks of paid time in the first year. Wage DOE
Email cover letter and resume (PDF or DOCX format) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include subject line, “I.T. Support Specialist.”
For assistance or fill-able application please contact Human Resources via phone or come to our Reception Desk and ask to speak Human Resources.
Position is open until filled