POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for obtaining pre-authorized benefit and eligibility information prior to the scheduled procedure. In addition, this position monitors the patient account and, when needed, advocates for the patient with the insurance companies.
Education: A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
Experience: Previous experience in medical business office preferred.
- Must be able to Sit, stand, walk, and perform keyboard operation continually
- Occasionally bend, climb, reach overhead, carry/push or pull 1-10 pounds, grasping/squeezing
- Rarely stoop, kneel, crouch, lift, carry, push or pull 11-15 pounds
- Must be able to speak and hear normal auditory levels
- Must have excellent communication skills and ability to interact with a diverse population
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with all levels within Bend Surgery Center as well as external contacts, i.e. vendors, patients, physicians and visitors
Mathematical skills: Basic mathematical skills required.
Language skills: Ability to understand, read, write, and speak English. Ability to successfully and effectively write business correspondence, present information, respond to questions, and professionally interact with managers, employees, patients, vendors, and the general public.
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be computer literate with strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Must have knowledge of and ability to perform basic office skills
- Must have comprehensive knowledge of reimbursement and collection procedures
- Strong experience with 10-key and accurate typing skills
JOB RELATIONSHIPS: Is responsible to the Business Office Manager. Does not supervise other employees.
Position details: This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday. Base wage $17.00 per hour. Over 5 weeks of paid time off per year and excellent benefit package.
Please email cover letter and resume (PDF or DOCX format) to email@example.com. Include subject line, “Insurance Verification.”
Open until filled