POSITION SUMMARY: Is responsible for overseeing the infection control program including the development and implementation of a plan to include actions to prevent, identify and manage infections and communicable diseases within the Surgery Center. Works with staff and physicians in assessing the sterile environment, and aseptic technique.
Education, Licensure and Certification:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and currently licensed to practice in the State as a Registered Nurse
- Must maintain BLS certification
- Two (2) years’ experience in the specialty of infection control or hold a degree in a related field such as microbiology or epidemiology
- Must be able to Sit, stand, walk, and perform keyboard operation continually
- Occasionally bend, climb, reach overhead, carry/push or pull 1-10 pounds, grasping/squeezing
- Rarely stoop, kneel, crouch, lift, carry, push or pull 11-15 pounds
- Must be able to speak and hear normal auditory levels
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Ability to interact with a diverse population professionally
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with all levels within Bend Surgery Center and external customers, clients and potential employees
- Strong team working and collaborative skills
- Must be able to problem solve and execute resolution
- Must be able to recognize needs, implement changes and evaluate impact
Mathematical skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, decimals, and percentages.
Language skills: Ability to understand, read, write, and speak English. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to successfully write business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information, respond to questions, and professionally interact with managers, employees, clients, vendors, and the general public.
Reasoning ability: Ability to recognize and define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and correct errors. Ability to understand and interpret financial data. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions and forms to understand abstract and concrete variables. Ability to think critically using inductive and deductive reasoning.
- Must have thorough and current knowledge of the infectious process and its causes
- Must have investigation skills to research reported infections
- Must be able to recognize a need for change and implement changes needed
- Must be able to translate theory into practice within the healthcare area
- Computer literacy with working knowledge of Microsoft office products and practice management database experience
- Comprehensive and current knowledge of general nursing theory and practice, including basic disciplines, relating to nursing such as biological, physical, social and medical sciences and their application to patient care
- Knowledge of the underlying principles of treatment and nursing procedures
- Thorough knowledge of Perioperative Nursing
- Knowledge of equipment and supplies used in Ambulatory Surgery Centers
- Knowledge of distinctions inherent to ambulatory surgery, as well as general health care practices and technology
- Adequate understanding of operative procedures, required patient preparations and expected post-operative course
- Adequate understanding of a wide variety of medical/surgical pathophysiology
- Knowledge of the policies, procedures, philosophies, standards, goals and objectives of the center and especially those pertaining to the preoperative and recovery areas
- Ability to effectively present information, respond to questions and professionally interact verbally and/or in writing with managers, co-workers, patients, and the general public
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in a variety of forms and deal with abstract and concrete variables
JOB RELATIONSHIP: Is directly responsible to the Clinical Director. Works closely with all levels of the healthcare team in an advisory capacity. Does not supervise other staff members.
Monday through Friday. Excellent benefits and over 5 weeks of paid time off per year. Wage DOE
Email cover letter and resume (PDF or DOCX format) to email@example.com. Include subject line, “Infection Control Coordinator.”
Positions open until filled