POSITION SUMMARY: The Human Resource Assistant will perform administrative tasks and services to support effective and efficient operations of the organization’s Human Resource Department. Also functions as Primary Payroll Technician responsible for the accurate processing of bi-weekly payroll using HRIS.
Education, Licensure and Certification:
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Formal training in Human Resources or Business Administration is desired
- BLS Certification (obtained within 6 months of hire)
- Valid Oregon Driver’s License required
- One (1) to three (3) years previous experience Human Resources
- Payroll experience required preferably in HRIS system
- ADP experience preferred
- Must be able to Sit, stand, walk, and perform keyboard operation continually
- Occasionally bend, climb, reach overhead, carry/push or pull 1-10 pounds, grasping/squeezing
- occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, lift, carry, push or pull 11-15 pounds
- Must be able to speak and hear normal auditory levels
- Must have excellent communication skills and ability to interact with a diverse population professionally
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with all levels within Bend Surgery Center and external customers, clients and potential employees
- Must be detail oriented and have ability to multi-task effectively and efficiently
Mathematical skills: Basic math skills required
Language skills: Ability to understand, read, write, and speak English. Ability to successfully write business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information, respond to questions, and professionally interact with managers, employees, physicians, vendors, and the general public.
- Must be able to respect the confidential nature of all information and communication
- Must be tactful, diplomatic and concise in interacting with staff, vendors, and physicians with demonstrated interpersonal verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products with advanced computer skills. Examples are complex formatting, mail merge, formulas, creating charts and graphs, data manipulation, creating and running reports
- Ability to perform clerical tasks including customer service, keyboarding, and data entry
- Ability to complete general office tasks such as filing, proof reading, data review and others as assigned or required by the position
- Ability to use HRIS systems for payroll processing and other HR related tasks
JOB RELATIONSHIPS: Is directly responsible to the Human Resources Director. Does not supervise any employees.
Starting base wage range is $18.00-$21.90 DOE. Excellent benefit package including over 5 weeks of PTO.