POSITION SUMMARY: The Human Resource Assistant will perform administrative tasks and services to support effective and efficient operations of the organization’s Human Resource Department. Also functions as Primary Payroll Technician responsible for the accurate processing of bi-weekly payroll using HRIS.
Education, Licensure and Certification:
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Formal training in Human Resources or Business Administration is desired
- BLS Certification (obtained within 6 months of hire)
- Valid Oregon Driver’s License required
- One (1) to three (3) years previous experience Human Resources
- Payroll experience required preferably in HRIS system
- ADP experience preferred
- Must be able to Sit, stand, walk, and perform keyboard operation continually
- Occasionally bend, climb, reach overhead, carry/push or pull 1-10 pounds, grasping/squeezing
- occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, lift, carry, push or pull 11-15 pounds
- Must be able to speak and hear normal auditory levels
- Must have excellent communication skills and ability to interact with a diverse population professionally
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with all levels within Bend Surgery Center and external customers, clients and potential employees
- Must be detail oriented and have ability to multi-task effectively and efficiently
Mathematical skills: Basic math skills required
Language skills: Ability to understand, read, write, and speak English. Ability to successfully write business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information, respond to questions, and professionally interact with managers, employees, physicians, vendors, and the general public.
- Must be able to respect the confidential nature of all information and communication
- Must be tactful, diplomatic and concise in interacting with staff, vendors, and physicians with demonstrated interpersonal verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products with advanced computer skills. Examples are complex formatting, mail merge, formulas, creating charts and graphs, data manipulation, creating and running reports
- Ability to perform clerical tasks including customer service, keyboarding, and data entry
- Ability to complete general office tasks such as filing, proof reading, data review and others as assigned or required by the position
- Ability to use HRIS systems for payroll processing and other HR related tasks
JOB RELATIONSHIPS: Is directly responsible to the Human Resources Director. Does not supervise any employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs a variety of clerical functions to assist HR Director in accomplishing day-to-day functions.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date human resource files, records, and documentation.
- Assists with the onboarding and recruiting process for new and re-hired employees
- Answers frequently asked questions from applicants and employees relative to standard policies, benefits, hiring processes, etc.; refers more complex questions to appropriate senior-level HR staff or management.
- Maintains the integrity and confidentiality of human resource files and records.
- Performs periodic audits of HR files and records to ensure that all required documents are collected and filed appropriately.
- Assists members of the Administrative team with employee related items
- Maintain employee data in performance management system
- Acts as a liaison between the organization and external benefits providers and vendors, which may include health, disability, and retirement plan providers.
- Conducts or assists with new hire orientation.
- Assists with planning and execution of special events such as benefits enrollment, organization-wide meetings, employee recognition events, holiday parties, and retirement celebrations.
- Prepares and processes payroll per bi-weekly schedule
- Responsible for maintaining accurate data in HRIS
- Distributes pay vouchers, checks and reports for bi-weekly payroll as required
- Responsible for the yearly processing of employee W-2’s, associated W-3 and 1095C’s
- Reconciles benefit invoices to HRIS system
- Preforms additional Human Resource and Payroll tasks as assigned
- Responsible for the safeguarding of all corporate records in his/her charge and strict adherence to corporate policies and procedures
- Adheres to corporate policies regarding confidentiality of records and corporate maters
- Investigates simple assigned problems including research, data, and information requirements as well as analysis techniques and reports information as appropriate
- Tactfully handles difficult situations with staff while remaining positive and professional; when needed, escalates issues to the appropriate staff member
- Follows all rules and regulations for PHI and HIPAA protections of patient information
- Follows all policies and procedures, including, but not limited to, attendance, timeliness, and safeguarding confidential information
ESSENTIAL VALUES, CODES OF CONDUCT
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adheres to the Code of Conduct
- Strong ethical and moral character references and exhibits a high level of integrity
- Attitude that is caring, respectful, sensitive, tactful, compassionate, empathetic, and tolerant
- Exhibits mental alertness for quality decision making and exercising good judgment
- Works well with others – a team player
- Days and hours of work vary to meet center needs
- The Center is a well-lit, ventilated and climate controlled environment.
- Ability to work with office equipment, some of which will have moving parts
- Noise level is usually quiet to moderate
- Work in close proximity to co-workers
Starting base wage range is $20.00-$25.31 DOE. Excellent benefit package including over 5 weeks of PTO. To apply send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Include subject line HR Assistant. Position open until filled