JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for coordinating, monitoring, and maintaining the credentialing and re-credentialing process. Assists in facilitating all aspects of Bend Surgery credentialing, including initial appointment, reappointment, expirable process, as well as clinical privileging for Medical Staff, Allied Health Professionals, and all other providers outlined in the Medical Staff Bylaws and policies. Ensures interpretation and compliance with the appropriate accrediting and regulatory agencies, while developing and maintaining a working knowledge of the statutes and laws relating to credentialing. Responsible for the accuracy and integrity of the credentialing database system and related applications.
Education: A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
Experience: One (1) to three (3) years previous experience medical staff credentialing required.
Certification: NAMSS Certification as a Certified Professional Medical Services Manager (CPMSM) or Certified Provider Credentials Specialist (CPCS) or actively pursuing certification.
- Must be able to Sit, stand, walk, and perform keyboard operation continually
- Occasionally bend, climb, reach overhead, carry/push or pull 1-10 pounds, grasping/squeezing
- Rarely stoop, kneel, crouch, lift, carry, push or pull 11-15 pounds
- Must be able to speak and hear normal auditory levels
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Ability to interact with a diverse population professionally
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with all levels within Bend Surgery Center and external customers, clients and potential employees
- Strong team working and collaborative skills
Job Skills and Requirements:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Program planning and implementation skills.
- Knowledge of related accreditation and certification requirements.
- Knowledge of medical credentialing and privileging procedures and standards.
- Ability to analyze, interpret and draw inferences from research findings, and prepare reports.
- Working knowledge of clinical and/or hospital operations and procedures.
- Informational research skills.
- Ability to use independent judgment to manage and impart confidential information.
- Database management skills including querying, reporting, and document generation.
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
Other: Must have valid Oregon driver’s license
This is a part time position, 20 hours per week. Schedule is flexible. $22.50 per hour.
External Applicants email cover letter and resume (PDF or DOCX format) to email@example.com. Include subject line, “Credentialing Specialist.”
Internal Applicants submit letter of intent to Human Resources.
For assistance or fill-able application please contact Human Resources via phone or come to our Reception Desk and ask to speak Human Resources.
Open until filled