POSITION SUMMARY: The surgical technician is specifically involved with the instrumentation and technical aspects of the operative event. Responsible for rendering professional care to patients undergoing surgical procedures in accordance with established procedures.
Education, Licensure and Certification:
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required
- Graduate of an accredited Surgical Technology program
- Must maintain BLS certification
- Holds and maintain a surgical technologist certification issued by a nationally accredited certifying organization for surgical technologists or obtain such certification within 12 months of graduation of an accredited Surgical Technology program or meet grandfathering clause by providing documentation showing that the person practiced surgical technology during at least two of the three years immediately preceding January 1, 2017
Experience: Prefer at least one (1) years previous experience in surgery or prior “on-the-job” scrub experience
- Must be able to Sit, stand, and walk continually
- Frequently bend, climb, reach overhead, carry/push or pull up to 25 pounds, grasping/squeezing
- Occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, lift, carry, push or pull up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to speak and hear normal auditory levels
Mental: Stamina to withstand stress and strain. Good memory, patient and tactful. Emotional stability. Able to both listen and direct. Skill in organization.
Mathematical skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, decimals, and percentages.
Job Skills & Requirements:
- Comprehensive knowledge of and ability to implement principles of aseptic and sterile technique
- Understanding of principles of surgical positioning
- Knowledge of surgical instrumentation and equipment use and care
- Knowledge of surgical procedures and basics of care to include anesthesia and potential complications
- Recognition of signs and symptoms of emergency situations and interventions
JOB RELATIONSHIPS: Responsible to the Operating Room Manager. Does not supervise any other employees.
Full-time Monday through Friday, 10 hour shifts. 4 x 10 hour shifts or 3 x 10 hour shifts. Applicant’s preference 30 or 40 hours per week with rotating days off. Occasional Saturday shifts available at premium double time rate. Over five weeks of paid time off. Excellent benefit package.
Wage Rage: Min. $29.00 Mid. $36.69 Max. $46.43 DOE
Applicants email cover letter and resume (PDF or DOCX format) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include subject line, “Surgical Technologist.”
Position open until filled.