JOB SUMMARY: The Surgical Technologist is specifically involved with the instrumentation and technical aspects of the operative event. Responsible for rendering professional care to patients undergoing surgical procedures in accordance with established procedures. Functions cooperatively with physicians and staff exhibiting teamwork characteristics. Responsible for ensuring proper care and use of surgical instruments.
Physical: Good physical health required because of long periods of standing, walking and work required. Must be well coordinated and able to move about freely. Dexterity necessary. Visual and audio acuity. Speak clearly and distinctly. Neat, clean and particular about appearance. Must be able to stoop, bend, push, pull and lift minimum of 25lbs frequently, 50lbs occasionally.
Mental: Stamina to withstand stress and strain. Good memory, patient and tactful. Emotional stability. Able to both listen and direct. Skill in organization.
Education & Licensure:
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required
- Graduate of an accredited Surgical Technology program
- Must maintain BLS certification
- Holds and maintain a surgical technologist certification issued by a nationally accredited certifying organization for surgical technologists or obtain such certification within 12 months of graduation of an accredited Surgical Technology program or meet grandfathering clause by providing documentation showing that the person practiced surgical technology during at least two of the three years immediately preceding January 1, 2017
Experience: Prefer at least one (1) year previous experience in surgery or prior “on-the-job” scrub experience.
Job Skills & Requirements:
- Comprehensive knowledge of and ability to implement principles of aseptic technique
- Understanding of principles of surgical positioning
- Knowledge of surgical instrumentation and equipment use and care
- Knowledge of surgical procedures and basics of care to include anesthesia and potential complications
- Recognition of signs and symptoms of emergency situations and interventions
Is responsible to the OR Supervisor. Does not supervise other employees.
Full-time Monday through Friday 4 X 10 hour shifts per week with rotating day off. Saturday shifts offered at double time premium. Over five weeks of paid time off per year. Excellent benefit package. Starting wage range $25.75 – $32.58 DOE.
Applicants email cover letter and resume (PDF or DOCX format) to email@example.com. Include subject line, “Surgical Technologist.”
Position open until filled.