JOB SUMMARY: This position ensures prompt and correct billing of all contracted and non-contracted commercial and private carriers, minimizing denials and maximizing reimbursement.
Responsible for collecting on medical insurance claims, following up on Accounts Receivable and coordinating collections on unpaid medical claims. Responsible for answering billing inquiries and assisting patients on their accounts as necessary.
Education: A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
Experience: Previous experience in medical business office required.
- Must be able to Sit, stand, walk, and perform keyboard operation continually
- Occasionally bend, climb, reach overhead, carry/push or pull 1-10 pounds, grasping/squeezing
- Rarely stoop, kneel, crouch, lift, carry, push or pull 11-15 pounds
- Must be able to speak and hear normal auditory levels
- Must have excellent communication skills and ability to interact with a diverse population professionally
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with all levels within Bend Surgery Center as well as external contacts i.e. vendors, patients, physicians and visitors
Mathematical skills: Basic math skills required
Language skills: Ability to understand, read, write, and speak English. Ability to successfully write business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information, respond to questions, and professionally interact with managers, employees, physicians, vendors, and the general public.
- Must have accurate typing skills
- Must be computer literate with working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite products
- Must have knowledge of and ability to perform basic office tasks
- Must have comprehensive knowledge of reimbursement and collection procedures
- Strong knowledge of ICD 10 and CPT
JOB RELATIONSHIPS: Is responsible to the Business Office Manager. Does not supervise other employees.
Position details: This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday. Excellent benefit package and over 5 weeks of paid time off per year. Wage range: Minimum – $18.00; Mid – $22.78; Maximum – $28.82
Please email cover letter and resume (PDF or DOCX format) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include subject line, “Billing & Collection Specialist.”
Open until filled