JOB SUMMARY: Oversees the design of and fosters an approach to, continuously improving quality. Establishes quality improvement responsibilities in the organization and sets strategic priorities for quality assessment and improvement. Reviews and analyzes all elements of Quality Assurance (QA) and Improving Organizational Performance (IOP) programs. Leads QA/IOP Committee. Reports to the Medical Advisory Committee activities of the QA/IOP Programs.
- Must be able to Sit, stand, walk, and perform keyboard operation continually
- Occasionally bend, climb, reach overhead, carry/push or pull 1-10 pounds, grasping/squeezing
- Rarely stoop, kneel, crouch, lift, carry, push or pull 11-15 pounds.
- Must be able to speak and hear normal auditory levels
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Ability to interact with a diverse population professionally
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with all levels within Bend Surgery Center and external customers/clients/potential employees
- Strong team working and collaborative skills
- Must be able to problem solve and execute resolution
- Must be able to recognize needs, implement changes and evaluate impact
Education & Licensure: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and currently licensed to practice in the State as a Registered Nurse.
Experience: Must have working knowledge of Quality Assurance (QA), Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) and Performance Improvement (PI) programs as well as state and federal regulations regarding ambulatory Surgery Centers (ASC’s) and accreditation standards. Experience in related area of Quality improvement in the medical field will be accepted.
Job Skills & Requirements:
- Comprehensive and current knowledge of nursing theory and perioperative nursing care in the ambulatory surgery unit.
- Adequate understanding of a wide variety of medical/surgical pathophysiology, operative procedure and required patient preparations.
- Thorough knowledge of and ability to implement principles of aseptic technique.
- Understanding of proper positioning techniques, anesthesia and anesthetic agents effects.
- Knowledge of surgical procedures, techniques, symptoms and complications of surgery, anesthesia and consequent nursing interventions.
- Knowledge of actions of pharmaceuticals and anesthetic agents.
- Able to recognize emergency situations and assist in corrective actions.
- Have a working knowledge of fluid and electrolyte balances.
- Knowledge of the policies, procedures, philosophies, standards, goals and objectives of ambulatory surgery; especially those pertaining to the operating/procedure rooms.
- Skilled in age-based competencies.
- Dresses within the dress code requirements of the facility.
JOB RELATIONSHIPS: Directly reports to Clinical Director. Does not supervise any other staff.
Monday through Friday 5, 8 hour shifts. No night or weekend shifts; paid holidays. Complete benefit package including quarterly cash bonus and 401K. Wage DOE
Email cover letter and resume (PDF or DOCX format) to email@example.com. Include subject line, “QA Coordinator.”
For assistance or fill-able application please contact Human Resources via phone or come to our Reception Desk and ask to speak Human Resources.
Positions open until filled